What does your PTA do? Whether during remote learning or in person, together with parents and teachers, we help our children thrive at Park!
- Provides enriching programs for students.
- Supports our teachers and school staff.
- Communicates to parents and school community.
- Advocates for our students, teachers and school.
- Organizes school wide events.
- Increases parent involvement.
- Supports development of the campus.
The Park PTA organizes, funds and staffs numerous programs and services at Park School that support the teachers, enrich the students’ experience, and enhance the Park School community, including:
Teacher Support and School Site Improvement:
- School Supplies: the PTA provides each classroom with an annual budget to use as the teacher and administration see fit, including but not limited to: field trips, speakers, on-site activities and experiences, Garden Education, etc.
- Safety and Health Programs: Green initiatives, emergency prep and more, are organized and provided by the PTA
- Assemblies and Author Visits: the PTA provides educational assemblies and visits by beloved authors and illustrators each year
- Field Trips: Off-site and on-site excursions and experiences are paid for by your PTA!
- Oceans Month: the PTA assists with oceans-related class projects, and the Oceans Assembly featuring the Banana Slug String Band
- Book Week: an annual event that encourages a life-long love of reading and books
- Science Night: an event celebrating experimentation and science
Community Building Events:
- Annual School Community Events: the PTA organizes Grad Level Meetups, Parkade, Family Game Night, Movie Night, Variety Show and our Used Book Sale each year
- Community Service Opportunities: the PTA organizes many charitable events and drives
Volunteering - What is your ONE thing?
Park School offers families countless opportunities for volunteer participation. Regardless of whether you have 1 hour or 100 to volunteer, if you prefer to work at school or volunteer from home of the office, we NEED you. In your CLASS. In your SCHOOL.
We emphasize “What is the ‘ONE thing’ you will do for your child’s CLASS and what is the ‘ONE thing’ you will do for your child’s school?” Start thinking and visit our "Get Involved" tab to learn more about the numerous volunteering opportunities at Park School. And see where these Park Parents have volunteered their time: What's Your ONE Thing?
The PTA provides parents with the majority of the information they receive about news and events at Park School. The PTA provides information in the following ways:
- Park Treebune: our school newsletter which provides an update of Park news and events, published every other Sunday on ParentSquare.
- ParentSquare: our school's main communication platform. Sign up today for the latest Park information.
- Park School Website: this website is maintained by the district and the PTA
- Park School Yearbook
PTA General Meetings are held on the last Thursday of most months to discuss school issues and vote on PTA matters. All are invited to attend the meetings, but only PTA Members may vote.
Coffee Cart is held most Friday mornings during weather permitting months in the Garden after drop off, for parents to get together informally and learn about school news. PTA Membership and Donations